We will help you when it is time to move, so you can focus on your new home. Moving boxes, insurance and transport is included with us when you move within your city. In addition, we can help you with packing and assembly. With us you always get a fixed price.
Fill in the fields to read more
Hemfrid's Moving services
A move is the beginning of something new and just that thought can be overwhelming. But take it easy. Hire us as a moving company so you can focus on the new. You can borrow the moving boxes for free from us and of course they are sent well in advance of the moving date, so you do not have to stress. Then just pack your belongings and meet up with our moving team, or leave the key in advance, when the big moving day is here. If it helps you further, we can also help with packing and move out cleaning, just let us know and we will solve it.
We move to and from
We offer our moving services with Stockholm, Uppsala, Gothenburg and Malmö as a starting point and from there we help you move to and from a new address throughout the country. If you move from Linköping, Norrköping or Västerås, we will help you with your move to Stockholm, Uppsala, Gothenburg and Malmö and the surrounding area. Enter the postcode where you are moving, above, and it will be clear if we offer moving help there.
Price for Relocation Assistance
We customize the move according to your needs and you always pay a fixed price. The price is calculated based on demand and moving weeks.
What is included in Hemfrid's Moving service?
We fix the move! With us the loan of moving boxes, liability insurance, insurance according to Bohag 2010 and transportation is included. If you need, we can also help you pack your kitchen or your entire household. In connection with the move, we can also help with the recycle what you no longer need.
Our Our Moving service is customized to your needs and you always pay an agreed fixed price.
Moving service includes
- Transportation by truck from door to door.
- Loans of moving boxes. We deliver the boxes to you well in advance of your moving date, by arrangement, and pick them up when unpacked. In addition to classic moving boxes, we also offer special boxes for crystal chandeliers and the like as well as wardrobe boxes where the clothes are transported hanging on their hangers.
- Simpler dismantling of lamps, smaller shelves, sofa and the like.
- Protection of furniture during transportation in the form of packing blankets, straps and covers for beds and sofas.
- We carry everything from your home, your storage room and other areas and carry it in the same way at your new address.
- Liability insurance and insurance according to Bohag 2010.
When you choose to book Moving service without packing, you are responsible for everything being packed and ready to be carried to the truck on the day of the transfer.
When booking Packing in addition to your move, we take full responsibility for ensuring that your items are safely and securely packed and are responsible if any damage occurs to the packed during the move.
- All materials needed such as moving boxes, corrugated cardboard, bubble wrap, tissue, tape and the like.
- Hemfrid's labels with clear markings for transport and placement at the new address.
- Specially trained personnel who carry out the packing correctly and safe
In connection with your move, we can also help you with Recyling of the things that you no longer need.
- Pick-up of items you want to get rid of.
- Transportation of what can be recycled to the second hand store Myrorna.
- Transportation of other items to a recycling center
For hazardous waste such as left over paint, chemicals and the like, we refer you directly to your local recycling center and your nearest pharmacy is happy to receive expired medicines.
For recycling, the price per cubic meter is calculated. The Recycling Service is not RUT-eligible
Frequently asked questions about Hemfrid's Moving service
Here we have collected frequently asked questions and answers about Hemfrid's moving service, moving boxes and RUT deduction in connetion with moving.
- FAQ Moving service
- FAQ Moving boxes
- FAQ RUT deduction
- How long does a move take?
We always make the move on the same day. A move takes about 4-6 hours from start to finish depending on the size of your household content, traffic and accessibility.
- Between which hours do you move?
We perform our moving service at 8.00–16.00 on weekdays and at 9.00–15.00 on weekends. Upon request, it is also possible to perform moves at a later time.
- I'm going to move a longer distance, is it possible?
We offer our moving services with Stockholm, Uppsala, Gothenburg and Malmö as a starting point and can from there help you move to a new address throughout the country.
If you move from Linköping, Norrköping or Västerås, we will help you with your move to Stockholm, Uppsala, Gothenburg and Malmö and the surrounding area. Enter the postcode where you are moving, at the top of the page, and it will be clear if we offer moving help there.
- Do you perform moves abroad?
Yes, we perform moves to other nearby countries such as Denmark or Norway.
- Is Hemfrid insured?
Yes, we are insured up to 10 million kronor via Länsförsäkringar if something should be damaged during the move. All our employees work under collective agreements and are insured during working hours.
- What do I need to prepare for the move?
If you have not booked packing from us, your entire household goods must be completely unpacked and ready to be carried out on the day of moving. Sensitive furniture and textiles should be packed as well as possible and everything that fits a moving box should be packed that way.
- I have a larger bed/sofa or similar furniture that needs to be screwed down, how do I do that?
Your move includes easier dismantling. We take down lamps, simpler sets of shelves or, for example, your sofa or bed to be able to carry it out. Wardrobe systems such as PAX are not included in easier dismantling.
- How do I pay for my move with Hemfrid?
An invoice will be sent to you by e-mail approximately two (2) weeks after your move.
- How do I get hold of moving boxes?
Let us know at moving service how many boxes and what type of boxes you need. Our deliveries take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays. At the same time book pick-up of the boxes at the new address approximately two (2) weeks after the move.
- Do you have different types of moving boxes?
In addition to classic moving boxes, we also offer special boxes for crystal chandeliers, paintings and the like, as well as wardrobe boxes where the clothes are transported hanging on their hangers.
- How many boxes can I borrow?
We have no limit on how many boxes you can borrow, but calculate on about one (1) box per square meter of living space that you move from.
- Can I keep the moving boxes?
If you want to buy moving boxes, we charge SEK 25 per box on the invoice.
- Can I get RUT deduction for moving?
The service is eligible to a tax reduction. When you purchase Hemfrid household services (RUT), you will receive a 50% tax deduction on the labor cost. The tax reduction is administered by us at Hemfrid when you receive the invoice, to make it easy for you.
- Can I get RUT deduction for handyman services in connection to my move?
Here are some examples of RUT-eligible handyman assignments that we can help you with in connection with your move, in selected locations.
- Mount curtain rails, curtain rods
- Assemble and disassemble furniture
- Put up hooks, shelves, art, frames and TV mount
- Do I get a RUT deduction when you move furniture at my house?
You do not receive a RUT deduction if we move furniture within the same home, for example to another room or floor.
- Do I get a RUT deduction if you move furniture from me home to another person?
You do not receive a RUT deduction when we move things or furniture from your home to someone else's home.
Our staff are trained, have permanent employment and are covered by collective agreements.
Should something happen, our liability insurance covers all possible damages.
The guarantee means that we fix what you are not satisfied with right away.
About tax reduction
If you purchase Hemfrid household services, you will receive a 50 % tax deduction on the labor cost.
Packing advice for your move
If you choose to pack your things yourself when you move, we want to give you some smart packing advice and tips that save you time, protect your valuables and your back.
Trendenser: My best open house tips
Frida Ramstedt, behind the popular interior design blog Trendenser shares her best tips for improving your home for a sale.
Meet Alexander Zubieta
“For me, it is important that it is serious company that offers security. That the company takes care of its employees and has good conditions with collective agreements and further education. "
Top 3 for an efficient move
She herself has moved no less than 10 times and lives under the motto "order is always trendy". Paulina Draganja, better known as the Queen of Storage, guides us in the art of planning a move and getting organized.
How to avoid the moving chaos
Avoid the chaos and make your move a little easier! Here are five smart tricks that save you both time and energy before and during your move.
How to get on top of moving - FAQs
Time for a move? Here are some common questions and answers that may be good to have in your back pocket.
5 Moving dilemmas with Hanna Wessman
Too many things. Too few things. Too new. Too old. Too hard. Moving is both fun and exciting but can also pose some dilemmas to get to that home you always dreamed of. We have taken the help of Hanna Wessman to find out some common questions.
Now we make moving even easier
Starting in October 2016, Hemfrid offers moving services and makes it even easier to move. Our professional moving team pack all your glasses, clean out your garage and transport your furniture.